This morning, I heard for the first time this year birds singing outside my window. I want summer terribly, and started thinking about music as it associates with much.
Songs that I find summer-y, due to memories of some sort, are:
Wheatus - "Teenage Dirtbag"
I remember seeing the video for this on Swedish tracklist show Voxpop years ago. It was during the summer.
Green Day - "Waiting"
I used to listen to while walking around the city during the summer months a few years back.
Good Charlotte - "Complicated"
When I first started on C4 and didn't know anybody, I listened to this song when we all rode on the bus that took us to the beach one of the very first days.
The Matches - "Chain Me Free"
I used to sing this all the time in art class, while sitting outside in the sun painting our big placards. It was the first song I heard by the Matches and I yet only knew the lyrics to the chorus.
Fall Out Boy - "Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year"
We sang this when we ended our first year at C4, after getting drunk on tequila and plain gin, while we walked to the bus in the middle of the bright night.
There's a lot more but I can't think of them now.
I miss those times, when everything was new and I was just starting to become who I am today.
24 February 2008
Summer
Thought by
Louie
at
09:31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha nice list. My list would've all of those minus the good charlotte song and teenage dirtbag. Not that i don't like them. I wasn't involved in the music scene yet when teenage dirtbag became popular. And the good charlotte song i don't know.
My Summer list
Your List +
Luckie St. by Cartel and a Midtown song. Correction, any Midtown song. ^_^
Sadly, I am always faced with a connundrum in terms of the oncoming summer: be excited or not? I live in Arizona, where the absolute LOWEST temp during the summer is 104 degrees.
Pros: No school, Warped Tour, Sleeping Late, Swimming, Tanning
Cons: Heat, the Sun, the Desert, 114 degree days, not seeing half my friends
I wish I could experience a "nice" summer. Hence why I'm going to live in California! Lol!
But your song list makes alot of sense! Good taste in songs!
-A
Thanks guys, cool that you liked my list.
I feel sorry for you Alison, with those hot summers. Even though I think Swedish summers suck (since they're usually not very warm at all), I wouldn't want Arizona summers. Go CA! Haha.
Nice list. I used to be big time into Good Charlotte once upon a time, and being from the Bay Area, I gotta love Green Day. You know how I feel about The Matches so that's a given.
...Yes, I have to say, CA summers are the best.
Post a Comment