Everytime I hear a song for the first time, I think about how it would work in a movie as a soundtrack. Most songs are very appropriate to put in movies, since they deliver so much emotion and that's the whole point with both medias.
I don't bother to close my eyes when I listen to music. To fully appreciate it I need pictures to go with it. Even if it's just trees passing by while riding on the bus (always a good option for soundtracks), the music is amplified in my ears when I can register things with my eyes.
I can imagine with my eyes open, I don't need to close them just to see other images than those that are really there. I imagine better with my eyes open, since I have an open door to inspiration as things pass me by. Inspiration is the real world. Inspiration is everything that happens.
I don't know if it's just because I'm a filmmaker to the bones, as I love the media, or if that's a common thing to do when you hear new music - but sound and picture are best combined.
The sound is never as sweet as when it is with the perfect concrete vision.
18 January 2008
Sound and image
Thought by
Louie
at
18:34
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
People make fun of me for the zone I get in commuting to class. I listen to music between classes and every line of the song becomes an animated painting in my head. I walk and think of how each still would be constructed, a painted motion picture. And what's even more interesting is that I remember the first time I hear and am obsessed with a song.
Case and point: Fefe Dobsons first CD. I was in the newly furnished living room eating strawberry yogurt after watching a dvd boxed-set of my favorite show, sometime during the Arizona summer. I feel the heat, I taste the yogurt, I hear the song. Every time.
Maybe I'm an oddball, but what I'm trying to say is that your post makes a ton of sense to me.
-Alison
Post a Comment